Monday, November 02, 2009

Passin' Time w/ Brian Posehn


Last Friday Oct.30th, Cristina & I wanted some laughs, and we found them right near our home in the Valley at the Madrid Theatre in Canoga Park for a night of Brian Posehn Stand Uppery!

It was hilarious!

The evening was hosted by the very funny comedian (and former roomie of Brian P's) Ngaio Bealum. The 2nd comedian of the evening, Tony Dijamco, was pretty funny too.

I'm a big fan of Brian's work in Animation, Video games, TV, Film, and especially his work in comics! I've always thought it would be cool to collab on something with him, so I brought along a piece of art... you know, just in case I had the chance to meet him.

And I totally got to meet him (and his halo)!

It was AWESOME. He's pretty approachable, and a very down to earth cat. None of that Hollywood B.S.

This is a copy of the drawing (sans the text) I gave to Brian of him as a Stoner, Gaming Yeti. (just in time for Halloween.) AND HE LOVED IT! Drop dead, hands down, flipped out with a big ass grin!!! He said, "This is AWESOME!" and then asked for my contact info.

Sly fox that I am, naturally, I had my biz card and promotional postcard already clipped to the back!

He loved himself as a yeti and seeing his eyes, big ass grin, and excitedness on his face left me with a totally bad ass good feeling the rest of the nite (and weekend).

This was the original design for “Mel”, a stoner, gaming Yeti in my pal Whit Hertford’s cartoon idea called Life After Myth, which is you guessed it, about Myths, monsters & legendary creatures and what happens when the rest of the world doesn’t care about them anymore.

It’s a hilarious idea, and I had a blast developing Myth w/ Whit. Check out the rest of the designs HERE!

Hopefully, Brian will get in contact w/ me... it would be THE COOLEST to collab with him on a cartoon or comic project sometime in the future!!!

That would be awesome.

Best nite before Halloween EVER!!!
-Jeaux Janovsky

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!