Tuesday, September 27, 2005

peter is joining the pirates!



all my heroes have day-jobs. this was originally supposed to be my close to everyday adventure comic about a lone animator trying to find an animation job, and his daily mundane adventures doing so. I got close to doing it a couple times, but mostly this just ended up as a special feature showcase of sketchbook drawings, character designs, and other comic book ideas. I feel like i am submitting to defeat and joining the ranks of most of all my influences and heroes alike. I, Jeaux, am acquiring a job. of the minimum wage variety. Yes folks, I have a job interview with non other than Borders, the magical corporate bookstore chain. I hope I do well on the interview so i can begin paying my rent and various bills and oncoming tuition debt. welcome to real life boys and girls. But fear not! there are tiny glimmers of hope on the horizon. these things take time i guess, and i gotta pay my dues first. I'm not giving up.
i'm trying to catch up with various projects, finishing up on my 2nd pitchboard to nickelodeon, waiting up on a freelance character design/ conceptual artist gig, and still drawing my heart out. Thanks to those of you who are standing behind me 110%, i owe you all a few hugs, a few beers, and a few drawings. you are all truly golden.
-jx


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!