Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Rose for a Wounded Yeti


Back atcha with another Lost rendition. I've gotten a lot of requests to do certain characters lately, but opted for Rose. She was one of my favorite quieter characters on the show. Her character actually made me tear up a bit. She had lost her husband, and there may still be hope for his return. Like I said, Please don't send me any spoilers or answers... as I still maintain that I have not seen season 2 yet at all.
I guess I like Rose's character because she reminds me of my mother. In looks and spirit I guess. Her presence.
This weekend, my family got a great big scare from my father. I don't want to divulge too much info, but i'll just say he spent the weekend in the hospital and had an operation this Monday where they put in a pacemaker. He is doing much better now, and is back at home with my mother and brother. Thank you for those of you who had him in yr thoughts and prayers, and if you could still continue to do the same.
He needs his rest and strength for his new cyborg heart!


This here is a comic, I guess if you can call it that...that I started in my sketchbook at home a few days ago. It's 1/2 hand colored and 1/2 photoshopped up.
I really like the Yeti design.
I feel kind of weird right now. like i'm at some weird stand still in life.
Maybe, it's the fact, time felt like it stopped this weekend with my dad and all.
Or maybe, it's the fact my tenure at Disney will be up quite soon.
Maybe it's the fact I'm staying up way too late for my own good on too many energy drinks working on new portfolios.
maybe I just need some rest.
I need a nice, ice, cold beer tonite.
yea. rest and a nice cold beer.
see you again soon.
thanks for stopping by...
-JX


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!