Sunday, October 30, 2005

Meet Olandria Octopus.


Howdy yizz'all,
This is Olandria Octopus! Beautiful, Mysterious, Shy, Creature of the Deep. I'm working on telling her tale and hoping to get it published in some form or another as a children's book.
Olandria is a shy, quiet and sensitive Octopus girl who is teased by her "school of fish" classmates. When they do that, she usually gets all embarrased and hides away in her poof of murky, dark ink.
Eventually, she learns that she is able to paint beautiful images with her ink as opposed to hiding away in it.
In the Original ending I had her almost kill her school teacher, Headmistress Eel, and then travel down deep into the darkest bottom of the sea, where Olandria hides in a cave and grows old, painting only beautiful and haunting images of the glowing mutant fish she befriends while down there.
Buuut, I decided that was a little too depressoh, and not really suitable for kids. So, now it ends on a happier note! ;)
Okay I go now...
POOF!
-JX

P.S.-Waaay Early Picture of Olandria. Back in my Tagging days. Man, I miss art school!


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!