Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Olden Days Pass Away


i've been feeling old lately. like an old man. with grey hair, wrinkles, age spots, arthiritis, a cane and old man mr. roger sweaters. borders, for the meantime, has been wearing me down, and i'm always tired these days. i've been debating, whether or not, to put in my full 2 week notice of leaving for good, or if i should stick around and work during the weekends for insurance reasons. any thoughts from anyone out there?
I mean, don't get me wrong... I am "hell of" (the proper way to say HELLA) excited to be a part of the BVG internship, but that will last for six months, if I am lucky. and that will be without insurance. I dunno.
Lately, I have also been missing school, and the little protective bubble that was calarts. I miss my friends there. I miss the people I could have been friends with, or spent more time getting to know. i miss making films/experiments, etc.
I miss the teachers. Especially Corny and Frank.
I feel old.
You know those days when yr bones ache and yr hair even hurts? It feels like one of those days.
maybe i am just getting sick.
anyhow, this is a drawing i did of a cool old man character. I might want to make a short story about him. like what is he reaching out for? My drawings make me curious sometimes, and I like imagining stories for them... Some reason, it has to do with seafaring and mermaid ghosts.
i have been helping Cristina, my gf, with her scholarship film piece for sesame street workshop for the past few days. coloring animation, and helping out with timing and whatnot.
maybe that's what is making me feel all nostalgic and ancient.
-JX


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!