Thursday, June 22, 2006

Animal Sounds Sneak Peek!


After careful consideration, I went through the Names a few of you sent me, and I picked... MINE! I win!!! HA!
serious tho, thank you to those of you who emailed me Titles and Names. Animal Sounds serves for both the title and Salty Snail's record shop. It's a total nod of the hat to Brian Wilson and the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds!
As far as names go, Violet and I decided on Manda for the panda-girl, and Pedro for the lion-boy.
Who's Violet you ask?
She's a friend who does writing from time to time, and will be assisting me in the writing arena.
This is a rough pass as to how I want the strip to look visually. it looks a little like a 30s cartoon but with a raw punk rock feel to it. I might be playing around with some digital zipatone patterns later on, but need to find out the quality of the magazine's paper first.
what do YOU think?
-JX


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!