Monday, July 10, 2006

I'm Jiggier than Jaws, Spongier than Bob, and Littler than the Mermaid, ain't that sh*t odd?!?


Thank you to all of you who hooked me up with some vital jobby job info, it's appreciated. Got some good leads.
I've been busy and working on my first solo art show in Vegas for this August. It's going to be at a gallery/antique shop called the FunkHouse headed by Cindy Funkhouser.
The show is titled, Peg-Leg Orphanage and will involve adopting genetically engineered Pirate Babies.
If that doesn't make you want to come out for some Fear and Roasting in Las Vegas, I don't know what will...
I'm having a blast, not only with the concept, but painting as well! it's the first time i've picked up a brush and paint in a looong while. More info on the show, and usual bombardment of e-invites, nearer to the opening.
Animal Sounds will be making it's debut appearance in an all music magazine called, The Rockit. And judging from what both Violet and the editor of Rockit have told me, so far everyone there LOVES the strip. The thing that makes me real nervous, is the fact that there are: 360,000 ANNUAL Readers, 30,000 MONTHLY Readers, 10,000 Circulation and OVER 200 LOCATIONS IN LOS ANGELES AREA carrying it. I hope they all like it too.
I'm not gonna post the final product on All My Heroes, sorry, but yr gonna have to search it out. or email me, if you would like me to mail you a copy or 2. I'm totally stoked and happy and quite nervous about Animal Sounds.
Speaking of music, I make some from time to time. Not too shabby, but not too good either. It's fun. My musical Alter-ego's name is Plankton. You can peep it here. This was going to be my music page image on my website, JeauxLand, but I think now i'm just going to link my Myspace page to JL. Let me know what y'all think!
Deal?
Deal.
-JX


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!