Friday, July 28, 2006

I AM SOFA KING TIRED!

The kind of tired, fit for a sofa king. I am past the point of delirious boys and girls. spent an allniter working on 3 simultaneous art projects. Not only have I been painting away for Peg Leg Orphanage, but I have also been painting for a group show I am participating in called the Radiator Show.
It's going to be on an actual used Radiator, and the gallery is actually in a Radiator Repair shop. My piece in this show is going to be everyone's friend til the end:

It'sa Mario!!!
everyone's favorite pizza chomping, mushroom squishing, dragon dinosaur killing plumber buddy.
i'm in jibberish mode kids, hope you can keep up with this nonsense.
So I got an email from my good friend Liz O., editor in Chief of The Rockit. Reminding me I had a comic strip called, Animal Sounds, and that the next Episode was gonna be due, like Now-ish. So I strapped on my red bull cans to my feet, shook em, and flew up and away into the creative abyss headlong into danger will robinson territory. I finished a comic strip in about roughly 12 hours. not bad. Everything, the whole shabang, pencils to inks to scanning to photoshop to indesign and everything. Red bull and sushi can be your friends should you let them.
Needless to say, I am proud of this newest episode, coming soon, but i want to leave you with a teaser for it.

It's my favorite panel in the whole strip thus far. I just love Manda's little wrist-watch.
so dick tracy!
i can't wait to look like Pedro there, so peaceful, angelic, loud and snorey. mmm, sleep of the ages. mummy sleep, catacomb sleep. i just need a pillow.
thanks for bearing with me on this little sleep deprived entry!
you are brave true believers!
-JX


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!