Thursday, July 07, 2011

Original Cartoon Heroes: "Bakshi Studies" Behind the Art


For those of you not in the know, I've been working on a dream freelance project w/ Fred Seibert of Frederator on a postcard tribute series, named Original Cartoon Heroes.
Fred & I came up with a list of Animation Legends, and I'm very proud to pay tribute & give homage to these Greats in my style.
Above you will see my studies for Ralph Bakshi. The only one of the list who is still with us, still painting, still drawing, still stirring the Animation stew (and adding a lot of pepper and hot sauce while he's at it!)
Ralph Bakshi is a hero of mine, and I am pleased to say that he's using an early incarnation of my Original Cartoon Heroes tributes as his personal Facebook Avatar still! For that, I am honored beyond belief!
I can't wait to share the new version I've done w/ him!

Thank you Ralph.

Thank you Fred.

Thanks to Cartoons.

-Jeaux Janovsky, a true Original

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


Compooter Animation by Avi Tuchman based on art by JEAUX Janovsky!